Father’s Day Free Photography Contest
On the heels of our Mother's Day Mama's Love free photography event when we photographed more than 70 people, our new Poconos branch is celebrating Father's Day with free photography contest, Dad's Story. This is a debut so the pilot is limited to the Poconos area this year. If all goes well, it will expand to New York tri-state in the future.
So, tell us your dad's favorite or unique story. If you're that dad, speak for yourself. With your cooperation, we will create a free photoshoot to depict that story. Think of a magazine sending their photographer to illustrate an article on your dad. In other words, this photo session is not for a standard freebie portrait, but to visually represent his story in a powerful, creative way. And we can be creative!
We did a local social project Porch Portraits: Lockdown in Poconos in 2020 which had a bit of creative journalism touch but for this contest, we want more freedom and possibly a merrier tone.
- main prize: 1-2 hr free photoshoot to develop the dad's story concept
- two runner-ups: 50% discount on any family portrait
- the studio's lead photographer will pick 3 favorite stories
- the winner will be randomly selected from those via a live stream
- profession / occupation - a story related to workplace, something that happened there
- life / family event - something that changed or affected his or his family's life, be it a happy or sorrow one
- fatherhood - an incident or characteristic that illustrates his role as a great father
- hobby / devotion - a passion (not for a person but activity or object) he devoted his life to, or something that became synonymous with his name
- story - a compelling and touching narrative, whether sentimental or heroic
- props - tools, uniform, regalia, etc. could make all the difference
- location - the supporting surroundings where we can place the dad would greatly enhance the story
- the contest is open to fathers of all generations and any marital status
- limited to the residents of Poconos area (Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Carbon counties)*
- the shoots must also take place in the Poconos, a small travel fee may apply to their remote locations*
- third-party fees may occur, being winner's responsibility (e.g., entry tickets, permits, rentals)
- the entrants agree to appear publicly on Zorz Studios' social media platforms with their stories
*If there aren't enough stories from the Poconos families, NY tri-state area entries will be considered so feel free to enter!
Each father has a story to tell, perhaps, but we'd have to select just three per the winning points noted above. The contest closes to submissions on June 18, 2021 at 11:59 PM. The winner will be drawn using an online random picker in a live stream the following evening, June 19.
Let's give your dad a long-deserved spotlight!
This countdown has been ended already!
Unlike a sweepstakes or raffle, you are entering a story into competition. Beat the odds by knowing what it takes to win. If all is clear, rev your engines!
UPDATE 06/29/21: The contest is now closed.
OTHER AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Beauty, boudoir, ballet, maternity, newborn, children, Mitzvah, Sweet16, seniors, family.
Maternity, newborn, children, birthdays, Mitzvah, Quinceanera, Sweet 16, seniors, prom.
Engagement, bridal, weddings, trash-the-dress, honeymoon, destination anniversary sessions.
Conceptual, fine art, body art, fashion, ballet, trash-the-dress, maternity, Mitzvah, seniors, sports.
Fashion, model portfolio, headshots, product, advertising, architecture, design, real estate.